1.What is ComNet Phone?
- ComNet Phone is a new generation telephone service. With advance technology, voice data will be transmitted through the internet. No matter anywhere, calls can be made and received through PC （windows xp, 7, vista，Mac）, smart phone （windows xp, 7, vista，Mac） Software or IP telephones with internet connection.
2.If call/receive call party does not have IP Phone service, can I still use ComNet Phone?
- Yes! An unique Hong Kong fixed number （852-3xxx xxxx）will be given to customer. With our monthly call plan, customers can make and receive unlimited calls to any Hong Kong fixed line or mobile numbers. Roaming cost will be reduced and can enjoy special rates for IDD calls.
3.Can ComNet Phone make emergency call (for example 999)?
- ComNet Phone is the same as any fixed line phone, which support emergency call 999 and enquiry call 109. If customer is not in Hong Kong, emergency calls are not suggested.
4.Will ComNet Phone affect internet connection?
- Basically, ComNet Phone will only consume 64-110kbps of the internet, which will not affect home-used internet speed. As for smart phone users, internet connection is suggested 500kbps above or 3G wifi to ensure voice quality.
5.What applications are capable for PCs or smart phones?
- The below applications are capable for ComNet Phone: (Note: We suggest to download a few applications to test on the applicability due to various models of smart phone)
1) Win xp, 7 & Vista： X-Lite, 3cxphone
2) Android system： media5-fone, Sipdroid, csipsimple, aSip, Bria
3) iOS system： meida5-fone, Zoippe, iSip (iSip may requires purchase charge)
4) Mac system： X-Lite
6.How to use ComNet Phone to make IDD calls? What is the charge?
- Customers have to register IDD service. Various ComNet Phone call plans are bound with various IDD offers. For details, please visit our website or contact our CS at 1021 000.
7.Can I register IDD services from other service providers?
- Yes. For the ease of use, we suggested IDD 0050.
8.What are the payment methods?
- Other payment methods include PPS and 7-eleven payment. For details, please refer to our website – Payment Methods.
9.If I do not have my own credit card, can I register with a 3rd person credit card?
- Yes. A “Third person credit card payment authorization letter” should be signed. Please refer to our CS.
10.If my autopay credit card has expired or discontinued, will service be affected?
- Service will be affected when auto pay is not successful. Customer should complete auto pay authorization form for new credit card to be debited together with copy of credit card (card front) and fax to 3110 1950 or email to email@example.com.
11.Is there any surcharge for termination of service?
- A HKD100 penalty or the remaining amount of the contract (subjected to the higher amount) will be charge for termination of service within contract period. After contract period, all remaining credits and amount will not be refunded.